Thursday, March 14, 2013

How To Make and Create Art in Your Own Open Back Bezels - Part 2

 Here is the front of my finished heart.
 Here is the back.
In yesterday's post I told you that I poured Envirotex Jewelry Resin into my heart and let it cure for a full 48 hours.  I needed my resin to be completely solid before I pulled the tape away from the back.  Red Line tape is very strong and sticky and I did not want to bend or warp my clay or resin by tugging the tape away too soon.
 When I pulled the tape from the back here is what I found.  
1.  The tape residue is still here.  It is sticky and hard to remove.
2.  You can see my gold Pearl-Ex powder clung really nicely to all the edges of the clay.
  Some of the resin poured over the side of the heart.  
I can easily cut this away.
 I could not resist looking to see if my heart was still translucent.  It is!
 To deal with the sticky residue on the back I brushed some silver Pearl-Ex across the back.
Then I inked my rubber stamp with black Staz-On and stamped my image to the back.  I did apply one last glaze coat of Jewelry Resin to the back to ensure that my image was permanently encased in resin.

How To Make and Create Art in Your Own Open Back Bezels - Part 1

How To Make and Create Art in Your Own Open Back Bezels - Part 2

These posts were designed, photographed and written by me.

They appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Wow the clay is really versatile. In the second picture, the close-up of the back, it seems the resin has a doming effect, how did you get it to dome on a flat back?