Friday, January 18, 2013

Resin Clay in Molds

 This is one of the necklaces I showcased at the Craft and Hobby Show this week.  It features one of the first items I made with resin clay in a mold.
 Envirotex Jewelry Clay is so easy to work with.  I mixed a small batch and placed/pushed it into the mold.  I let the resin clay cure for 5 hours in the mold and when I removed it I could see that it captured every line and shape in the mold.  I used metallic wax to colour it.  I'll show you this technique in the next few weeks.
 I simply glued my clay lady to a piece of filigree and then attached it to the necklace.
 The molds are from Paula Radke.  She designed them to use with her glass clay.
I added a little gold Pearl-Ex to my clay when I mixed it.  This is how my piece looked right out of the mold.  Coloring it made it my own.

This post was designed, photographed and written by me.

It appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

3 comments:

Mania said...

I found your blog and I liked it very much!! I become a follower!! Your work is fantastic!! Best regards from Greece!!

DLSarmywife said...

OH YAY!! how wonderful to find out that you can mold the resin clay as well! I am very excited to find this in my local area hopefully soon.

Jean said...

Carmi--I would like to write about this in Digital Beading magazine next issue (Apr. -- May) would you be willing or interested in participating? xox jean

you can find Digital Beading Magazine on Facebook

:)