Wednesday, September 12, 2012

EasyMold Projects

 If you are like me you might search for unique pendants...you know, the kind no one else has.
 I am able to do this because I search for vintage components in Paris every year.  This orange brooch was bought a few years ago.  I made a mold of it with EasyMold and have made several different duplicate versions.
 This week I did an extra experiment.  I had some left over Envirotex Lite from a project so I added some purple acrylic paint to it to create this rich purple copy.  (Lumiere is the paint brand.)  Because my mold was shallow, I used Envirotex Lite, ordinarily I use EasyCast resin for mold projects.
 I highlighted my purple copy with some gold metallic paste and drilled two holes in it.
It really is amazing to see how perfect the copy is!

This post was designed, photographed and written by me.

It appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Making molds is one of the things I am looking forward to doing with resin and clay!