Friday, August 3, 2012

Jewelry Resin In Vintage Meadows Artworks Component - Project Two

 I rarely make earrings.  
I made an exception this week because these 
vintage petals looked so pretty on my work table.
 This is what I started with.  I picked up these samples at the June Bead and Button show.
Last month I had a blog post showing you what I did with the brown petal shapes.
 Before I added resin and paper to these shapes I still took the time to seal the shapes with mod-podge.  It never hurts to protect a surface you think may get a resin stain.
 I added these rose stickers to a first layer of Jewelry Resin.  The petals are an odd shape so I propped them up so the resin would cure flat.
I added some beads and gel marker lines and did a second glaze coat with Jewelry Resin.  When everything was cured I added some earring components and they are ready to wear!


This post was designed, photographed and written by me.

It appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

4 comments:

Chris said...

pretty!

Estate Watch and Jewelry said...

The earrings look amazing!!!

Heather French...Vintage Meadow Artworks said...

Was away for a few weeks with little or no internet access Carmi, so just saw these this morning... really pretty... great idea! Thanks again for using my components.

Brian Young said...

They are fabulous.. I am a guy, and I know it's not common for someone like me to say that but I really find your craft beautiful. Since I do buy and sell jewelry online, I get the opportunity to admire and find female accessories the most intriguing yet fascinating. And I did find yours that way. Thank you for sharing it.