My new brooch represents a series of hurdles.
I was very close to tossing the whole project into the bin.
It started when I noticed that the open back bezel I bought was dented. It was very strong metal and I could not flatten it. I decided to try and work in it anyway. As you can see I applied clear tape the the back to hold my poured resin.
I added some dangles before I poured in my Jewelry Resin.
Unfortunately, the dangles acted as a wick.....the resin just traveled down the length of the rhinestone embellishment.
I was not too worried. If you get to the resin at the 10 hour (or so) cure mark it is still pretty soft. I was able to peel away the over pour.
It looked like I had more resin outside of this bezel than in it.
In the end, I cut away the dangles. I added one final layer of Jewelry Resin to the bezel to give it a bit of a dome. You can still see right through the open back too!
This post was designed, photographed and written by me.
It appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.