Monday, February 6, 2012

What To Do With Left Over Resin Projects


 I make a lot of samples for this blog. 
Occasionally I get asked what I do with those pieces. 
Some pieces I turn into jewelry and a few are on art cards. 

This past year I had this special project in mind for my leftover sample resin pieces.


Last year I spotted this amazing mirror in a jewelry store in Paris.  I absolutely loved the idea and realized it was a great way to use up all my samples.


 So over the course of a few weeks I arranged and then rearranged resin pieces on this wood mirror frame. 


 I have so many, it is hard to choose. 


There is a mirror in the centre.  No doubt I will continue to add to it.
For now, I am just happy to see my samples out and on display in my studio.

7 comments:

salla said...

a fun idea to use up all those bits and pieces!

MIXIKIM said...

This is like a visual time capsule...where you've come from and how you evolve until your final piece is attached to it. Nifty.

Bonnie Kreger at B-LEE KREATIONS said...

That's awesome. I do polymer clay frames and you gave me a good idea about what to do with all my left over canes.

Chris said...

I love it! It looks great! Very clever way to showcase your samples and keep the inspiration flowing!!

Hilary Frye said...

Very Cool!

Beads2Die4 said...

Clever, as my mother would say. I can see possibilities here for my own work. It would be brillant to have a mirror I use at jewelry also showcase the beads I make in this way.

jaylen watkins said...

Good idea! I am just amazed at the work done by you.

Sample forms