Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dollar Store Butterfly and Resin Glaze



It is easy to coat dollar store butterflies with resin.


 The butterfly is made with real feathers and appears to be hand painted. 
It only cost $1.


 When I brushed on a glaze of Envirotex Lite resin the paint really popped. 
I let this side of the butterfly cure for 24 hours.


 Then I painted on a glaze layer to the back side.  This will make my butterfly much stronger.


When the backside was cured I applied a third glaze to the front side. 
My butterfly is very strong now!



This necklace is a showstopper!


This post was designed, photographed and written by me.

It appeared on Resin Crafts Blog.

4 comments:

Michelle L. said...

That is just gorgeous, great original use for the resin!

Marcia C. said...

This is sooooo cool and pretty! I worked with resin years ago! I want to make this some day!!!!!

Lilypad said...

Beautiful! I am curious how the holes were put in the butterfly so that it could be attached to the necklace.

Carmi Cimicata said...

I just punched a hole with a 1/8 hole punch!